Thursday, May 22, 2008

NEW PUPPIES!

Yesterday our black lab, Daisy, gave birth to 7 puppies! Unfortunately only 5 made it. She had two boys, then two girls, then one more boy. Her next was a boy, but he was stillborn. 4 hours later, she gave birth to another boy, but because she was "dry-birthing" him, due to the fact that the sack of water had already broken, he didn't make it through the birth. When she was pushing, I knew something was wrong when she was pushing for about 10 minutes and he was not coming out. I have a friend that is a certified breeder that came over and assisted Daisy in getting him out, but unfortunately it was too late. But like she said, "5 puppies smell much nicer than 7 puppies"! So, after being awoken a couple times last night by crying puppies, I am pretty okay with there only being 5! Here are some pictures of our latest addition! Sorry about the poor image quality (they are cell phone pictures). If anyone would like to purchase a puppy, call me and let me know. They are Boradors, 1/2 black lab, 1/2 border collie. They are all black and some have white markings on their feet and chest.

5 comments:

May Family said...

That is so cool that you are a blogger too. I enjoy it, but it is addicting. Those puppies are cute! I know my boys would want one if they saw them. But I am not ready to take care of one yet.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

AWWWWW. I want one! Too bad I live in California.

Stephanie said...

oh fun! I'm impressed you knew so much about puppy birthing! We'll have to come see them sometime.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

OH! and Lori...What do you think about a Summerfield reunion in August at my cabin in Tahoe?

Jennifer said...

Hey Lori! Welcome to the blogosphere!!! So much fun! You ought to link up to the King sites! I'll add you to my lineup too. Abby is so cute!